The Weekly Yaasss is a round-up of everything Reviews & Robots, and beyond! Get up to date on last week’s articles, find a few yaasss-worthy things in sci-fi for the week, and check out the upcoming books I’m adding to my reading list.
Books I Can’t Wait to Read
- You know when they say not to over-request books in NetGalley and you just go wild anyways? Yeah, I have more than enough books to last me until February. There are a few upcoming titles that I’m super excited about:
- Time’s Children, by D.B. Jackson – it’s an epic time travel novel and so far, I’m loving it! Think old school fantasy with lots of magic.
- How to Fracture a Fairy Tale, by Jane Yolen – I’ve always been obsessed with fairy tales and am looking forward to this collection.
- In the Vanisher’s Palace, by Aliette de Bodard – a dark fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but with a dragon. Need I say more?
- Sounds like First Man is amazing and I realllllly need to see it in theaters. Check out the trailer here if you haven’t see it yet.
Sci-Fi Related Articles That Caught My Eye
- LeVar Burton on Reading & Sci-Fi & Where We’re Headed Next (Cracked)
- Mr. Reading Rainbow himself talks about science fiction and the importance of reading. Epic on all fronts — and it definitely inspired me to shout out a few old theme song lyrics. You know how it goes…
- N.K. Jemison: Change Theory (Locus Magazine)
- N.K. Jemison is always brilliant and it’s interesting to get a little glimpse into her life. I’m continuously amazed at the number of projects she’s working on at one time.
- Female Superheroes Can Help Girls See Themselves As Leaders, Study Suggests (Huffington Post)
- This is why representation is so important. Everyone deserves to see themselves on screen, fighting for good and never backing down from what they believe in.
- Introducing the Good Omens Reread! (Tor.com)
- Brilliant book, and definitely worth the re-read. If you haven’t read it, you need to get on it. And read all of Neil Gaiman’s books while you’re at it. You won’t regret it.
- Mecha Samurai Empire, by Peter Tieryas
- The Book of Dog, by Lark Benobi
- Irontown Blues, by John Varley
- Battlestar Suburbia, by Chris McCrudden
- Exit Strategy: The Murderbot Diaries, by Martha Wells
Interested in more Weekly Yaasss posts? Read them here.