A round-up of everything Reviews & Robots, and beyond! Get up to date on last week’s articles, find a few yaasss-worthy things in sci-fi for the week, and check out the upcoming books I’m adding to my reading list.
Previous Week’s Reviews/Articles
- Review: Robots of Gotham
- Review: Killing Gravity
- Review: Side Life
- Review: The Expert System’s Brother
- Aside – can you tell I’ve been reading my butt off? This has been a pretty crazy cadence of novels. Robots into space travel into alternate realities. Loving it!
- The Calculating Stars: A Lady Astronaut Novel, by Mary Robinette Kowal
- A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe, by Alex White
- Void Black Shadow, by Corey J. White
- Rocket Fuel: Some of the Best from Tor.com Non-Fiction, edited by Bridget McGovern
- The Tea Master and the Detective, by Aliette de Bodard
- First off, I’m planning on adding a short 20-minute podcast to Reviews & Robots each week where I talk, unfettered by the written word, about my weekly obsessions and the books I’ve flown through! I hope you’ll check it out – first episode will be live next Friday.
- Can I just talk for a second about how much I love everything that comes out of Tor.com? I’m strongly considering doing nothing but reading every one of their awesome novellas. If you haven’t spent a bunch of time reading about all of their novellas like I have, read more here.
- Charlie Jane Anders just announced an upcoming book in 2019 and I’m SOOOO EXCITED! Read more about it here.
- Hugo voting is due soon and I must admit that I’ve failed quite a bit. Silly me, I imagined I could read the 50 works for the awards and still keep up with my four book-a-week review schedule. Obviously, since I don’t have a time-turner, that didn’t happen. But hey, it’s fun to see how the process works so I can be ready for next year, right?!
- I’ll be digging into a bunch of short fiction in the next week to get through the July/August issues of Uncanny, Asimov, Analog and Fantasy & Science Fiction. Expect a bajillion short reviews of short stories.
- Join my 600+ Twitter followers for daily updates – head on over and follow!