A round-up of everything Reviews & Robots, and beyond! Get up to date on last week’s articles, find a few yaasss-worthy things in sci-fi for the week, and check out the upcoming books I’m adding to my reading list.
June 24-30, 2018
- Free Chocolate: I loved this book – it was a space opera in every sense of the phrase and I can’t wait for the sequel. Read the review here.
- John Scalzi’s Blog: Seeing a post about his negative reviews and why it’s okay to get negative feedback made me a lifelong follower. Check it out.
- The Locus Awards: A big YAASSS to Martha Wells and her winning All Systems Red: The Murderbot Diaries! If you’ve read my blog in the past week, you know I love the series. Read more about the awards.
- Upcoming Reviews: I’ve read some great books this week! Look for upcoming reviews on Robots of Gotham, The Synapse Sequence, Adrift, and Side Life. It’s robots, artificial intelligence, space travel and trippiness, all in one week!
- Some Netflix Sci-Fi: I feel like the sci-fi movie offerings are a bit lacking this summer. I’ve turned to Netflix (it’s been a few months since I cancelled my subscription) and I’m planning a marathon one of these days. On the docket: The Titan, Orbiter 9, Anon, and Bright. Any suggestions are welcome.