A round-up of everything Reviews & Robots, and beyond! Get up to date on last week’s articles, find a few yaasss-worthy things in sci-fi for the week, and check out the upcoming books I’m adding to my reading list.
June 3-9, 2018
Just a few yaas-worthy things:
- Upgrade: this movie is batshit crazy, but I’m obsessed. Parapalegic who learns how to walk by an AI with questionable motives? Sign me up. The fighting style was reminiscent of Kill Bill, which I can always get behind. See it if you want to be like “whattttt.” Read more here.
- Solo: so I’ve been seeing a lot of movies lately. I think I had the same opinion as everyone else – fun and funny, and maybe not really necessary in the greater scheme of things. BUT loved the badass robot who started the robo-revolution, loved the visuals (even though the big chase scene cost a bajillion dollars) and I will always support the Mother of Dragons in any role she chooses. Read more here.
- New Books: I got a few new books this week, courtesy of Amazon. I’m trying to grow my modern sci-fi library every day and I’m soooo looking forward to these.
- MURDERBOT SEQUEL: I’ll be reading this next week and I’m SO EXCITED. So.
- B&N Best of List for June: I love the B&N Sci-Fi blog. They create a great list of new sci-fi each month and they haven’t steered me wrong yet. Check out the June post here.